Thursday, August 26, 2010

Despite Broken Face, Brandon Vera Not Buying Jon Jones Hype

Brandon Vera will likely be on the shelf until the end of the year or early 2011 after Jon Jones broke his orbital bone with elbows at UFC on Versus 1 in March and despite the injury, Vera had some ballsy comments about the up and coming light heavyweight fighter:<br><br>

"During the fight I remember thinking, ?Man, really? All the hype was about this guy?? I specifically remember saying to him in my head, ?Man, you (expletive) suck.? Right when the ?k? came out in my head, I got blasted. It?s hard for me to say because he beat me, but I still don?t believe the hype. I like Jon Jones as a fighter, but I owe that (expletive). He?s definitely not coming to my house for Christmas.... I?m still babying [the broken face], but it?s getting better. At one point, I couldn?t even touch it. December or January is when I?m looking to come back. I test my face every day to see what I can get away with."

mma fighting shorts mma fighting gear mma fight clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment