Monday, October 11, 2010

Noons Suffers Broken Jaw, Hand In Losing Effort To Diaz

<B>By MATT BOONE<BR>
MMANEWS.COM Staff Writer</B><BR><BR>

Nick Diaz broke K.J. Noons' six-fight winning streak on Saturday night with his unanimous decision victory in their rematch for Diaz's welterweight crown at the Strikeforce event in San Jose, California. But that wasn't all that was broken.<BR><BR>

Noons revealed during the Strikeforce post-fight press conference that in addition to breaking his hand during the bout, he suffered a broken jaw from a shot landed by Diaz.<BR><BR>

Noons stated during the presser, "I just got the results of the X-ray, and I know my hand is broke. I broke it in the second round. My jaw is broke. I broke it in first round."<BR><BR>

MMANEWS.COM will post video of the post-fight press conference later today.<BR><BR>

Check out full results from the <A HREF="http://www.mmanews.com/event/2310" target="_Blank">Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons II</A> event from Saturday night at San Jose's HP Pavilion.<BR><BR>

kimbo slice next mma fight art of fighting mma mma fight shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment