Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mike Pyle: By the Time I'm Done with Hathaway, I'll Have Some U.K. Fans

Filed under: UFC
For many American fighters, the prospect of heading across the pond to fight a British opponent in the U.K. sounds about as much fun as an IRS audit.

There's the long flight to deal with, the significant time change, the near certainty that your sponsor's hat will be stolen off your head during your entrance, and, of course, a hostile crowd that's unanimously in the other guy's corner.

But for welterweight Mike Pyle, that only sweetens the deal.

"I love it," said Pyle, who on Saturday faces up-and-coming British welterweight John Hathaway at UFC 120 in London. "I love that none of the fans are going to like me. That's great. But I'm telling you, by the time I'm done with him, I'm going to capture some British fans, guaranteed. ...And at least they speak English over there."

longest mma fight mma fight pics mma fight equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment